Mathematical Sciences Institute
Australian National University
Canberra, ACT 0200,
Work: (61-2) 6125 0717
Fax: (61-2) 6125 4984
alper at anu dot edu dot au
- Equivariant versal deformations of semistable curves
(with A. Kresch), pdf.
- Associated forms in classical invariant theory and their applications to hypersurface singularities
(with A. Isaev), pdf.
- Adequate moduli spaces and geometrically reductive group schemes,
- Singularities with G_m-action and the log minimal model program for M_g
(with M. Fedorchuk and D. Smyth), pdf.
- Weakly proper moduli stacks of curves
(with D. Smyth and F. van der Wyck), pdf.
Invariant rings through categories (with J. de Jong),
to appear in Journal of Algebra.
Good moduli spaces for Artin stacks,
to appear in Annales de l'Institut Fourier.
Finite Hilbert stability of (bi)canonical curves
(with M. Fedorchuk and D. Smyth),
Inventiones mathematicae 191 (2013), no. 3, 671-718 (journal version).
Common left- and right-hand divisors of a quaternion integer
(with M. Abouzaid, S. DiMauro, J. Grosslight, and D. Smith)
Journal of Pure and Applied Algebra 27 (2013), no. 5, 779-785
Recasting results in equivariant geometry:
affine cosets, observable subgroups, and existence of good quotients (with R. Easton),
Transformation Groups 17 (2012), no. 1, 1-20.
- GIT Constructions of Log Canonical Models of M_g (with D. Hyeon),
Compact Moduli and Vector Bundles, 87-106, Contemporary mathematics, 564,
American Math Society, Providence, RI, 2012
(Proceedings of the 2010 conference at the University of Georgia, Athens)
Local properties of Artin stacks,
Tohoku Mathematical Journal (2) 64 (2012), no. 1, 105-123.
Computing invariants via slicing groupoids:
Gel'fand MacPherson, Gale and positive characteristic stable maps,
Mathematische Nachrichten 285 (2012), no. 5-6, 562-579.
On the local quotient structure of Artin stacks,
Journal of Pure and Applied Algebra 214 (2010), no. 9, 1576-1591.
On cosets of the unit loop of octonion integers,
(with M. Abouzaid, S. DiMauro, J. Grosslight and D. Smith).
Communications in Algebra 35 (2007), no. 1, 207-214
- On the choice of random directions for stochastic approximation algorithms,
(with J. Theiler).
IEEE Trans. Automat. Control 51 (2006), no. 3, 476-481 (journal version).
A guide to the literature on algebraic stacks,
Fogarty's proof of the finite generation of certain subrings,
- Conference on Algebraic geometry and related fields
at the Australian National University (with James Borger, Amnon Neeman and David Smyth), May 29-31, 2013
- Workshop on Log minimal model program for moduli spaces
at the American Institute of Mathematics (AIM) (with Maksym Fedorchuk,
Brendan Hassett, and David Smyth), December 10-14, 2012
- Moduli spaces and moduli stacks at Columbia University from May 23-27, 2011
(with Johan de Jong, Brendan Hassett, Jason Starr, and Michael Thaddeus).
- Math 1013 (Calculus component) (Australian National University, Australian Fall 2013)
- Algebra 3: Lie groups and algebras (Australian National University, Australian Spring 2012)
- Algebraic curves (Universidad de los Andes, Spring 2012)
- Calculo diferencial (Universidad de los Andes, Spring 2012)
- Calculo diferencial (Universidad de los Andes, Fall 2011)
- Algebraic number theory (Columbia University, Fall 2010)
- Calculus III (Columbia University, Fall 2010)
- Calculus III (Columbia University, Fall 2008)