BRIEF CURRICULUM VITAE
B.Sc. (1st class hons.) University of Sydney (1968-1971);
M.Sc., University of Adelaide (1973);
D.Phil., University of Oxford (1975)
- University medal for Pure Mathematics (1972)
- Commonwealth Overseas Scholarship (1972-1975)
- Rothmans Fellowship (1975-1977)
- Queen Elizabeth II Fellowship (1978-79)
- Prizes Fund Visiting Fellow, Oxford University; 1991, 1998, 2000
- Distinguished Visiting Scientist, University of Victoria, Canada; 1988
- Clay Mathematics Institute Scholar; September 2000 and July-September,
2001 at Harvard University
- Clay Mathematics Institute Research Scholar, May-August 2006 at the Erwin Schrodinger Institute
- Moyal Medal (2008)
- Humboldt Research Award (2010)
- Australian Research Council Discovery Outstanding Researcher Award
- Fellow of the Australian Academy of Science, 2014
- Rothmans and QEII Fellow, Dept. Math. Phys, University of Adelaide (1975-81)
- Research Fellow, Institute of Advanced Studies, Australian National University (1982-1984).
- Lecturer, Senior lecturer, Department of Pure Mathematics, University of Adelaide (1985-1991).
- Associate Professor, Flinders University (1992).
- Professor of Pure Mathematics, University of Adelaide (1993-2001).
- Academic Dean, School of Mathematical and Computer Sciences, University of Adelaide, 1997-2001
- Director of the Mathematical Sciences Institute, Australian National University, 2002-2012
- Professor of Mathematics, Australian National University, February 2012-
and Honorary Visiting Professor, University of Wollongong, September 2013-