Abstract: dvi (3K), pdf (79K), ps (27K).
Paper: pdf (685K).
Remark: pdf (114K).
Source code (version 810614): gzipped tar (242K), zip (249K).
2. A modified version (MP Linux 20010829) which runs under Linux using GNU Fortran f77 on Intel Pentium and similar machines is available and included in the tar/zip files above. See also mplinux0.f (Linux-specific routines) and mplinux1.f (other routines).
3. The calling sequences are described in more detail in the Users Guide .
4. The algorithms are discussed in Brent [42, 52].
5. For a preprocessor (no longer supported), see Brent, Hooper and Yohe .
6. For some applications of MP, see Brent [36, 40, 49, 183] and several reviews.
7. MP is now obsolescent. Very few changes to the code or documentation have been made since 1981! Despite this, MP is still useful for some purposes, since it implements many special functions, has the ability to change the base and precision, and is stable and reasonably well debugged.
8. In general, we recommend the use of a more modern package, for example:
Go to next publication
Return to Richard Brent's index page