Rubik's Cube and Group theory
Resources used to prepare lectures:
- Handbook of Cubik Math, by Alexander Frey and David Singmaster, 1981.
- Inside Rubik's Cube and Beyond, by Christoper Bandelow, 1982.
- Notes on Rubik's Magic Cube, by David Singmaster, 1981.
- Magic Cubology, by Douglas Hofstadter, Scientific American, March 1981.
- Notes from MIT course (can't find the author).
- Solution of the cube by Jim Storer.
- CubeTwister (I used this to find cycle decompositions of moves).
Other Interesting Links
- Rubik's cube course taught by mathematician Daniel Bump.
- Jessica Fridrich's cube page, she invented the CFOP method, and has a lot of information here.
- Speed cubing guide, seems like a nice introduction to CFOP.
- Speed cubing course, with interesting links.
- Nice notes on using ideas from principal bundles to prove part of the main theorem of cubology.